Saturday 7 March 2015

Spartan Super

So today I did my first ever Spartan, a Spartan Super! I did pretty well, and am fairly happy with my results. I finished in a little under 3 hours (I'm waiting on the official race times).  I failed 3 obstacles, so had to do 90 burpees.  I failed the spear throw, the traverse wall, and the wall ball.

All in all, I did pretty well.  I know the things that I want to work on in order to improve:
- Running times and consistency.  And being ready to run after doing an obstacle
- Burpee times
- Rucking in order to improve my times on the different carries
- The spear throw
- Continue to develop my upper body strength
- Including some rock climbing skills

I did well on a lot of the upper body style obstacles, which is a good sign.  I've worked a lot on developing this, and it's great to see that this has paid off.  I did well on the monkey bars, the rope climb (and I've never climbed a rope before, none of the gyms I've been a member of have had them), and even on the rope traverse.

You might remember that running all three Spartan races this year.  So now I've done my first one!

And here's my favourite photo of the ones that Dad took of me! (Official photos yet to come)

No comments:

Post a Comment