Sunday 12 April 2015

SMASHED IT!

Today I had my first half marathon for the year.  I've done 4 half marathons before, and my previous PB was 2.17.38 at my first half marathon.  From there my half marathon times got worse, with me developing syncope along with the associated pre and post-syncope symptoms.  To be honest it was disappointing when I trained hard for an event and didn't do as well as I had previously.

Today was a different story!  I did the Geelong Half Marathon, which I've done previously (my time was a 2.25.20 last year), and OH MY GOODNESS I SMASHED IT!

You may remember that one of my goals for this year was to run a half marathon at 2.15 or less.  And again, I SMASHED IT!

So what was my time?

The time on my watch was 2.08.48!  Obviously official times may vary by a few seconds, but certainly not by much, as the start time clock was at 2.09.  So that was a SMASHING of both my PB and my goal race time for the year!

I'm super stoked by this!

On other goals for the year being smashed, I've already reached my goal for the year on the leg press (250kg, or 5 times my body weight).  Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment