Monday 8 December 2014

Better on Monday

One of my goals this December is to run a virtual cumulative marathon, a virtual cumulative half-marathon, and a virtual 10km. I.e. to run 73.3km this December.

I've been doing less running recently, focusing more on weights and Bikram, as I'm doing a 12 week Bikram challenge, and weights help my syncope more. But I've injured my elbow somehow, so I'm taking December out to focus on my running.

I have a usual route, along the beach near my house. I run 5.58km or 3.38km usually, though if I want to do a long run then that is longer. So I set off along the beach.

It was a STRUGGLE. Really, really hard.

I "ran" the 5.58, mostly BECAUSE it was so hard, and I know that it wasn't going to get any better. I could have stopped at the 3.38, but it's important to me to keep going. So I did the longer option.

It took me a really long time. My running times have increased since getting sick again, but this was something else. Normally the 5.58km takes me around 40 minutes. This run took just under an hour. But I did it.

And then this morning (Monday) I went for a quick run (3.38km) before work. It wasn't so bad. I wasn't fast, but I wasn't as slow as on the weekend. And it didn't hurt the way that the run on the weekend did.

When you keep on, it gets better. Not always when you want it to, but it does.

Keep on keeping on!

No comments:

Post a Comment